I could go through the explanation of what we did and what we learned, but if you are here watching this, then you already get it. New England vs. South, Religion, Agriculture, etc. This isn't a masterpiece, but it wasn't easy. The students fought at first, but once I implemented a government and rules (Charter of Va. Co. London or John Smith), everything was cream cheese.
My students that mastered Unit 1-2 (American Revolution and earlier) are working on creating a virtual representation of Jamestown and a New England Colony.
In Jamestown, they must build a triangular wooden fort and homes within the walls. They must plant two 10x10 cotton fields (tobacco is not available in the game).
In the New England colony, they must build a church to represent religious freedom and a ship to represent the economic focus on manufacturing.
They are not finished, but here are some pictures of their progress.
So... I accidentally deleted my website. I thought everything was gone. I can't explain how defeated I felt. I didn't think there was anything I could do.
Fortunately, I was wrong. I clicked on the weebly help page and clicked on the chat tab. A weebly staff member was able to restore my website in minutes. I am not even a paid member. I use a free weebly account. Weebly is easily the best webhost around. If you're a teacher and all of your time goes towards planning, teaching, and your million other school responsibilities, then weebly is a perfect fit. Quick, easy, and great support.
7th Grade (WH)
- 7 Games
- 7 History Social Studies 101
- 7 History Unit 1 - Renaissance & Reformation >
- 7 History Unit 2 - Discovery >
- 7 History Unit 3 - Age of Revolution >
- 7 History Unit 4 - More Revolutions >
- 7 History Unit 5 - Imperialism >
- 7 History Unit 6 - World War I >
- 7 History Unit 7 - Depression & War >
- 7 History Unit 8 - Cold War to Globalization >
- 7 History Unit 9 - 20th Century Issues >
- 7 Geography >
- 7 Economics >
- 7 Civics and Government >
- 7 Culture >
- 7 Final Exam
- 7 Study Resources - World History
8th Grade (US)
- 8 Games >
- 8 History Social Studies 101
- 8 History Unit 1 - A New Nation >
- 8 History Unit 2 - Revolution >
- 8 History Unit 3 - Early US >
- 8 History Unit 4 - March to the Civil War >
- 8 History Unit 5 - Reconstruction >
- 8 History Unit 6 - Turn of the Century >
- 8 History Unit 7 - US and the World >
- 8 History Unit 8 - Depression & WWII >
- 8 History Unit 9 - Cold War Era >
- 8 History Unit 10 - Modern America >
- 8 History - 20th Century Review >
- 8 Geography >
- 8 Economics >
- 8 Civics and Government >
- 8 Culture >
- 8 Final Exam Study
- 8 Study Resources - US History
- Mr. D's Bio
- Classroom Resources
- Hall of Fame
- Tech Class